Monday, February 06, 2012

Jack Kirby Died on This Day, 1994

Long Live the King.

Jack Kirby Died on February 6 1994, 18 years ago.

What better way to honour the King of Comics by
Maybe by signing this petition asking Marvel to credit Kirby with co-creating the Marvel superhero universe and pahttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifying royalties to his heirs?

Read about Kirby's life and work in this biography by Mark Evanier and Steve Sherman at the Jack Kirby museum, where we find this Stan Lee quote about how he worked with Kirby:

"Some artists, of course, need a more detailed plot than others. Some artists, such as Jack Kirby, need no plot at all. I mean, I'll just say to Jack, "Let's let the next villain be Dr. Doom'... or I may not even say that. He may tell me... he just about makes up the plots for these stories. All I do is a little editing."

No comments: